Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New skids on one of our chook sheds

I've finished putting newskids on one of our mobile hens houses. The old skids collapsed a while ago and I asked a local welder to make up a new set which I could then fit.
It took awhile ... but eventually I was able to pick them up and it took me half a day to weld them to a frame, jack up the shed and slip them under.
Thankfully it works well and that shed is now much easier to pull around as the skids are made of tubular steel rather than flat iron. I'm now getting another set made and I may change over the skids on all of the sheds.

No comments: